“SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT” (1977), “DEAD ALIVE” (1992), “BULWORTH” (1998), “THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN” (1976)
… … …
What Are Your Favorite SCI-FI/FANTASY Films?
“KRULL” (1983), “THE SWORD AND THE SORCERER” (1982), “STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN” (1982), “SERENITY” (2005)
… … …
What Is Your Favorite Film WESTERN?
“ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST” (1968) Is By Far My Favorite Western.
… … …
TWO-PART Question: WHO Is Your Favorite BATMAN And Which Is Your Favorite BATMAN Film??
MICHAEL KEATON Is My Favorite BATMAN, And “BATMAN RETURNS” (1992) Is Still My Favorite BATMAN Film, Hands Down.
… … …
What Is Your Favorite Film SCORE?
Actually, It’s The Score From “STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE” (1979)
… … …
What Is Your Favorite TITLE-SONG/THEME?
“A VIEW TO A KILL” By DURAN DURAN, From The 1985 JAMES BOND Flick Of The Same Name.
… … …
What Is Your Favorite Film QUOTE?
It’s From The Movie “NIXON” (1995):
“Always Remember, Others May Hate You. But Those Who Hate You Don’t Win Unless You Hate Them. And Then You Destroy Yourself.”
… … …
What Is Your Favorite Thing About Films In General?
Actually, It’s The Escape Factor. Things Can Get A Bit Crazy In Real Life, And I’m Often In The Need Of A Mental Break-In-The-Action, So To Speak. My Love Of Film Has Always Provided The Best (legal) Escape. Period. That, And It’s About The Only Time You Can EVER Get Me To Focus On Anything For 2-Hours (bad bad ADHD hehehe)!
1) “Sayonara” in 1958 at the drive-in; 2) “Tokyo Story”; 3) “Performance”; 4) “Lovers and Other Strangers” in 1970 at the Mercado Cinema; 5) James Cagney, Vincent Price, Marcello Mastroianni, Toshiro Mifune; 6) Rosemary Harris; 7) John Frankenheimer; 8) Westerns; 9) “Woodstock”; 10) “Night of the Demon”/ “Curse of the Demon”; 11) “Grand Prix”; 12) “Tokyo Story”, “The Third Man”; 13) “Modern Times”, “Unfaithfully Yours” (Sturges); 14) “These are the Damned”; 15) “The Searchers”; 16) Adam West, “Batman” the 1943 serial; 17) “The Big Country”; 18) “You Only Live Twice”; 19) From “Goldfinger”: “Do you want me to talk?” “No Mr. Bond, I want you to die.”; 20) I like the fact that someone went to the bother to invent and develop this art form simply to give me pleasure. Thanks.
No, Thank YOU, Dude!
Very Cool List, Indeed!!!
Wow! Loved this. I’m not gonna try to answer, but I do have some comments on your answers.
1) Jedi is a good first film to remember. Obviously it hasn’t held up as well as the first two, but it remains the greatest movie-going experience of my life.
6) I am SO with you on Jodie Foster. I’d ***** the ********* for Jodie Foster!
14) Star Trek II is awesome. The ear things freaked me out when I saw it as a kid.
16) I actually think Bale is the best Batman and Ledger the best Joker, BUT I think 1989’s Batman (or possibly your choice of Batman Returns) as the best. One thing which has prevented me from really loving the recent films (still haven’t seen 3) is the “bigness” of it all. Batman to me is subtle.
18) Word my brother. “Meeting you, with a view to a kill….” 2nd Place is a tie for me between “For Your Eyes Only,’ and ‘Live and Let Die,’ (even if Wings did steal that song from G&R)
It was fun reading your list.I don’t watch a lot of movies these days. It seems like that should be a bad thing, but I don’t miss them, strangely.
Glad You Enjoyed This One, Smak!
It Was Fun To Work On, Fo SHO!
Great post. I haven’t seen Krull, but I have that on my watch-list.
I also just nominated you for the Liebster Award. See the link for details.
Thanks, Dude! T’Is Always Much Appreciated!
Krull is your favorite film? 😀
Lots of good stuff there though. “Stop making Sense”, Hitch, Kubrick, Keaton, Pink Panther… Good stuff, Brad!
KRULL Is The Flick That Has Always Made Me The Happiest When Watching It.
It Did That When I Was A Kid.
It Did That When I Was A Teen.
It Does That Even Today.
To Me, That’s What Makes A Flick Your Favorite.
If You Can Enjoy It, Regardless Of Anything Else, It Could Just Be Your Favorite.
For Me, The Only Flick That’s Ever Been Able To Do That Is KRULL hahaha
…It’s My Fave-Fave Of All-Time! 😉
That Might Make Me A Horrid Geeky Freaky Thang, But It’s The Truth hehehehe
Reblogged this on "You Jivin' Me, Turkey?".
I’m with you on everything except, favorite film, Krull? that threw me for a loop, lol. 🙂
KRULL Is The Film Of My Youth. My Favorite as A Child. My Fave as A Teen. My Fave Even Now.
It’s Not The Best Flick Ever, But It Brings Out The Most Fond Memories and Emotions.
I Love It. hehehehe
I hear ya’ – I feel the same way about The Golden Voyage of Sinbad
I Love That Particular Sinbad Adventure, btw.
The 7TH Voyage Is Still My Favorite, Though. 😉